GRACE CONSTRUCTION PRODUCTS INTRODUCES PERVIOUS CONCRETE ADMIXTURE
Grace continues commitment to green, sustainable concrete chemistry
CAMBRIDGE, MA, February, 16, 2010 – Grace Construction Products has introduced its first concrete admixture formulated specifically for pervious concrete, V-MAR VSC500. This new generation liquid admixture is designed to enable the production of superior quality pervious concrete by imparting an enhanced paste rheology and controlling the hydration of cementitious materials.
This innovative pervious concrete admixture has many unique advantages:
• Consistent Quality: Enables the production of superior quality mixes every time.
• Faster Truck Discharge: Enables fresh concrete to rapidly discharge from the truck.
• Broader Moisture Tolerance: Ensures easier batching with less concern for wet loads.
• Reduced Evaporation: Provides the contractor with enhanced robustness against raveling under harsh environments.
• Uniform Compaction: Significantly enables production of consistent pavements with less effort.
V-MAR VSC500 meets the provisional requirements for an ASTM C494 Type D admixture. For more information about Grace’s product line, customers can contact their local Grace representative or visit www.graceconstruction.com.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Grace Construction Products, a business of W.R. Grace & Co. (NYSE: GRA), is a world-leading provider of technically superior concrete admixtures, fibers, surface treatments and liquid pigments that make concrete stronger, longer lasting, crack resistant, aesthetically pleasing and cost efficient. The company also manufactures additives for cement processing, fire protection, fire stops, waterproofing and masonry products, and has more than 125 plants and sales offices around the world. For more information about Grace Construction Products, customers can contact their local Grace Construction Products salesperson or visit www.graceconstruction.com.